Set general network information
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Device management > Network > Wi-Fi.
Where is it?
- Choose the appropriate organization from the list on the left.
- At the bottom, click Add Wi-Fi.
- Enter a name for the Wi-Fi network. The name is for your reference and does not have to match the network's service set identifier (SSID).
- Enter the Wi-Fi network's SSID. SSIDs are case-sensitive.
- (Optional) If your network does not broadcast its SSID, check the This SSID is not broadcast box.
- (Optional) To automatically connect devices to this network when it's available, check the Automatically connect box.
Configure security settings
- Choose a security type for the network.
Note: Dynamic WEP (802.1x) is supported only on Chrome devices.
- (Optional) For WEP (insecure) and WPA/WPA2 security types, enter a network security passphrase.
- (Optional) For WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (802.1x) and Dynamic WEP (802.1x) specify the following:
Note: For Android tablets used with G Suite for Education, you can't use WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (802.1x) during student tablet configuration, but it can be implemented manually after the tablets are enrolled.
- Choose an EAP for the network.
- (Optional) For EAP-TTLS and PEAP, choose the inner protocol to use. Automatic works for most configurations.
- (Optional) For EAP-TTLS and PEAP, enter the user identity to present to the network’s outer protocol. The identity supports username variables.
- Enter a username for administering the network. The username supports username variables.
- (Optional) Enter a username password. A password is not required for EAP-TLS. This value will no longer be visible after you save the configuration.
- (Optional) Choose a server certificate authority. This is not required for LEAP or EAP-PWD.
- (Optional) For EAP-TLS networks, specify the following:
- Enter a client enrollment URL.
- Enter one or more values for an Issuer pattern or Subject pattern. Each value you specify must exactly match the respective value in the certificate for the certificate to be used. Your server should provide the certificate with the HTML5 keygen tag.
- Specify the proxy setting for the network.
Note: Chrome OS does not support authenticated proxies.
Under Proxy settings, choose one of these options:
Direct Internet connection
Allows direct Internet access to all websites without using a proxy server.
Note: Direct Internet connection is not supported on Android tablets used with G Suite for Education.
Manual proxy configuration
Specifies a proxy server configuration you define. Enter the server host IP address and the port number to use. To bypass the proxy server (not available for iOS device traffic) and have no proxy for some domains or IP addresses, enter them as a list, separated by commas (no spaces). Wildcard characters are accepted. For example, to add all variations of google.com, enter *google.com*.
Automatic proxy configuration Uses a Proxy Server Auto Configuration (.pac) file to determine the proxy server to use. Enter the PAC file URL.